I woke up about about ten o' clock this morning after over ten hours of sleep. It's a beautiful day, and I feel refreshed.
So. I met with my new counselor the other day.
She was somewhat intimidating, but I overall did like her.
We discussed my family. And addiction. And how my biggest problem appears to be self-esteem.
She says I need to spend less time online. I am too busy watching other people live their own lives.
She also said to work on self-affirmations. When she looks at me, she sees somebody much greater than the person I see.
It is also apparent that I need to work on discovering who I am. I am immature and have lost myself due to constantly being in relationships.
I was told to begin with listing my values and beliefs. I am trying to think about it, but I fear maybe I am just too scared to dig down deep and really self-reflect.
My next appointment is Monday. I will hopefully have a list started by then.
My older sister is coming tonight. My father is buying us some beer (I'm only 20- he never is this cool!) and we will just be together as a family and talk. I am very excited.
Here is hoping to the start of a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment